How To Make Ram Laddoo
Street food from Delhi and Uttra Pradesh -Fried Lentil nuggets drizzled with date chutney and green chutney topped with grated radish.
- Prep Time15mins
- Cook Time10mins
Ingredients to make Ram Laddoo
- Yellow lentils (moong daal)-3/4 cup
- Bengal gram (chana daal)-1/4 cup
- Green chillies -3
- Grated ginger-1 tsp
- Fresh coriander-2 tbsp
- Red chili powder- 1tsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- To Garnish-
- Grated radish-1 cup
- Fresh coriander-2tsp
- Lemon juice-2tsp
- Chili powder-1/2 tsp
- Black salt-1/2 tsp
- Tamarind chutney-3/4cup
- Green chutney-3/4 cup
Steps to make Ram Laddoo
- Wash and soak both the lentils in enough water for approx. 4 hours.
- Drain the water, wash again and grind both the lentils with green chilies and asafoetida .(the mixture should be thick and slightly coarse,don’t make it very smooth)
- Take out the mixture in a bowl and beat well with a whisk to make it lighter and fluffy.
- To check-take a small bowl of water and drop a small ball of batter in it, if it floats over the water then its ready to fry, if it sinks in the bottom then you need to beat it again till the drop floats on the water.
- When done add salt, cumin seeds and grated ginger, mix well
- Heat oil in a deep pan, wet your hands, take small portion of mixture in your hand and drop small size dumplings in hot oil.
- Deep fry on medium heat till golden in colour and then drain on a paper napkin.
- Take them in a seving plate,press the nuggets slightly.
- Drizzle tamarind chutney and green chutney over them.
- Now add grated raddish over it ,squeeze lemon juice and sprinkle some chili powder and black salt (or use table salt)
- Finally add some chopped coriander and serve with a tooth pick.
My Tip: You can also serve the fried nuggets as a starter with tomato ketchup or any tangy dip .