- Semolina / Sooji -1 cup
- Refined flour / Maida- 1 tbsp
- Gram flour / Besan- 1/4 cup
- Cooking oil- 2 tsp
- Fruit salt / Eno- a pinch (optional)
- Salt- to taste
- To assemble:
- Chickpeas / Kabuli chana- 1 cup, boiled
- Potatoes- 2 small sized, boiled
- Dahi vada (only the vadas)- 6 pieces
- Boondi- 3 tbsp
- Namkeen (Bhujiya / Nylon sev)- 3 tbsp
- Pomegranate seeds- 2 tbsp
- Yogurt / Dahi- 1 cup
- Mint or Coriander Chutney- 1/2 cup
- Tamarind Chutney (Saunth)- 1/3 cup
- Roasted Cumin powder- 1 tsp
- Chili powder- 1.5 tsp
- Black salt- 1 tsp
- In a bowl add all the ingredients listed to make the Raj Kachori. Mix everything well. Add just enough water to make a medium soft dough.
- Cover and rest the dough for 15 minutes. Knead it again and make small balls from the dough. Roll to make medium thick pooris/discs.
- Slide the prepared pooris in hot oil. Press with a spatula to help it puff completely. Reduce the heat to medium low and deep fry in from both sides till golden in colour.
- When done drain on a paper napkin. Let them cool down completely.
- Beat the yogurt and add some salt and 1/2 tsp sugar.
- When you want to serve then poke it on top and make a hole in it. Add the chopped potato,chick peas,dahi vada. Pour in some curd and green chutney.
- Add some crushed papadi and boondi and fill it till the top. Drizzle yogurt, green chutney and tamarind chutney on top.
- Add some bhujiya sev and sprinkle chili powder,cumin powder and black salt.
- Garnish with anar dana/pomegranate seeds and serve it immediately.