How To Make Mysore Bajji/ Goli baje
Crispy and mildly spiced refined flour and yogurt dumplings. It is a very popular South Indian delicacy.
- Prep Time5mins
- Cook Time10mins
Ingredients to make Mysore Bajji/ Goli baje
- 2 cup Refined Flour/ Maida
- 4 tbsp Rice Flour/Chawal Ka Atta
- 1 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 3 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander/ Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 10 Curry Leaves chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- Salt / Namak as per taste
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Steps to make Mysore Bajji/ Goli baje
- The batter should be medium thick like dahi vada batter,if you make it thinner then the vada will absorb more oil.
- Now add the curd, chilies, ginger ,curry leaves and fresh coriander. Mix it well to make a thick batter of dropping consistency (like dahi vada batter). Cover and let it rest for 15 minutes and mix it well to make it smooth.
- Heat enough oil in a deep and broad pan to deep fry.
- Wet your fingers with water and take lemon size small portions from the batter and drop them gently into the hot oil.
- Lower the flame to medium hot and deep fry to a nice golden color.
- Drain on a paper napkin and serve hot.
My Tip: 1. The batter should be medium thick like dahi vada batter, if you make it thinner then the vada will absorb more oil. 2. If the batter become loose then you can add some more rice flour to adjust the thickness of the batter. 3. Slightly sour curd gives a nice taste but you can also add few drops of lemon juice to fresh curd and use. 4. Deep fry it on medium heat, if you cook on high then they might remain raw from inside and on low heat they will absorb much oil. 5. They should be best served hot as they turn slightly chewy once they become cold.