How To Make Masala pav
The lip smacking road side chat can be made quickly. Being a mumbai girl, have always been fond of road side snacks. And masala pav is one of my favourite.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time20mins
Key ingredients for Masala pav
Ingredients to make Masala pav
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- Kashmiri red chilli and garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Onion 1 cup finely chopped
- Capsicum 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Tomatoes 1.5 cups finely chopped
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Pav bhaji masala 1 tbsp
- Coriander 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Lemon juice 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ladi pav 4
Steps to make Masala pav
- To prepare kashmiri red chilli and garlic paste at home, soak few kashmiri red chillies in hot water for 30 minutes and grind them in grinder along with garlic pods. This paste gives the red colour to the masala.
- Take 2 tbsp of butter in a pan. Let it melt.
- Add cumin seeds and kashmiri chilli + garlic paste.
- Add chopped onion and capsicum. Mix well.
- Add little water. And allow it to cook for 5-7 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
- Once the onion and capsicum become soft, add chopped tomatoes, salt to taste, red chilli powder and pav bhaji masala. Add water to it. And aloow it to cook for 10-12 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
- Mash the masala lightly.
- Add coriander and lemon juice.
- Our masala is done.
- In another pan , add butter, and 3-4 tbsp of above masala prepared. Saute well. - cut pav horizontally ( more than half way ) - place it on the masala. - cover the entire pav with masala. - similarly make another
- Serve hot.