- 1 1/2 cup of Chana Dal/Split Bengal gram/Kadala Parripu
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped Ginger
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- 4-5 tbsp of finely chopped onions
- Few curry leaves - cut in small pieces
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
My Tip: You could choose to add a little water while grinding the dal. But too much of water wouldn't let you get the desired shape and also would absorb oil to a greater extend. While giving the vadas the shape, by pressing them between the palms, do make sure that there are no cracks formed on the vadas. Else, they may break and may not result in the desired shapes. In tea shops, they fry the vadas a bit more to get a darker texture. But I love the texture and colour as is given in the picture. You could choose to fry a bit more if you would like it the way you get in the tea shops :).