Matar kulcha | How to make Matar kulcha (20 likes)
- By Vaishali Trivedi
Created on 23rd Feb 2016
About Matar kulcha
A famous Delhi street food unlike bhatura or naan, kulcha remains soft even when they become cold. they don't become hard. so they can be made in advance and stacked up and stored in the fridge. when serving they can be reheated on a griddle or in the microwave until slightly warm.
Matar kulcha is a delicious dish which is liked by people of all age groups. Matar kulcha by Vaishali Trivedi has a step by step process of how to make the dish. This makes it very easy to understand for even beginners. This recipe can serve 4 people. You can find Matar kulcha at many restaurants and you can also prepare this at home. This authentic and mouthwatering Matar kulcha takes 480 minutes for the preparation and 40 minutes for cooking. When you want to prepare something delicious for a party or special occasion then Matar kulcha is a good option for you. The flavour of Matar kulcha is tempting and you will enjoy each bite of this. Try this Matar kulcha on weekends and impress your family and friends. You can comment and rate the Matar kulcha recipe on the page below.
- Prep Time8Hours
- Cook Time40mins
Ingredients to make Matar kulcha
- for the matar/white peas curry:1 and cups dried white peas/safed matar3 to 4 cups water for pressure cooking the dried white peas.1/2 tsp cumin seeds/jeera1 tsp chaat masala 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder/bhuna jeera powder 1/2 tsp dry mango powder/amchur powder 1/4 tsp red chili powder/lal mirch powder 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 small onion, finely chopped1 medium sized tomato, finely chopped1 green chili, slit or chopped 1/4 inch ginger, julienned or finely chopped1 lemon, quartered some coriander leaves (optional)
- jaljeera chutney: 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves, loosely packed1 tsp cumin seeds/jeera1 tsp fennel seeds/saunfseeds removed from 1 black cardamom - discard the outer cover1 dry red chili, deseeded (optional)a pinch of asafoetida/hing1 tsp black salt/kala namak5-6 black pepper 1/2 tsp dry mango powder/amchur powder1 tbsp seedless tamarind 1/4 or 1/3 cup water for grinding
- for toppings & garnish:1 small onion, finely chopped1 medium sized tomato, finely chopped1 green chili, slit or chopped 1/2 inch ginger, julienned or finely chopped1 lemon, quartered some coriander leaves (optional)
- For whole wheat kulcha:1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)1 tsp (5 grams) fresh yeast , crumbleda pinch of sugar1/2 tsp saltwhole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rollingoil for greasing and cooking