Matar kulcha | How to make Matar kulcha (20 likes)
- By Vaishali Trivedi
Created on 23rd Feb 2016
About Matar kulcha
A famous Delhi street food unlike bhatura or naan, kulcha remains soft even when they become cold. they don't become hard. so they can be made in advance and stacked up and stored in the fridge. when serving they can be reheated on a griddle or in the microwave until slightly warm.
Matar kulcha is a mouthwatering dish which is perfect to serve at any occasion. It is a recipe of world cuisine which is very famous in the whole worldwide. This is very amazing in taste and it contains a lot of health benefiting nutrients. It is a quick and easy recipe and you can easily prepare restaurant style Matar kulcha at your home. Matar kulcha by Vaishali Trivedi will help you to prepare the perfect Matar kulcha at your home. You don't need any extra effort or time to prepare this. It just needs 480 minute for the preparation and 40 minute for cooking. Whether it is a grand party or a normal kitty party, it is a perfect dish to serve and to get the compliments from your guests. This recipe follows the perfect art of cooking that gives an amazing texture to this and differentiate it from other dishes. In the Better Butter recipes, you will find the step by step process of this recipe by which you can know how to make the delicious Matar kulcha.
- Prep Time8Hours
- Cook Time40mins
Ingredients to make Matar kulcha
- for the matar/white peas curry:1 and cups dried white peas/safed matar3 to 4 cups water for pressure cooking the dried white peas.1/2 tsp cumin seeds/jeera1 tsp chaat masala 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder/bhuna jeera powder 1/2 tsp dry mango powder/amchur powder 1/4 tsp red chili powder/lal mirch powder 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 small onion, finely chopped1 medium sized tomato, finely chopped1 green chili, slit or chopped 1/4 inch ginger, julienned or finely chopped1 lemon, quartered some coriander leaves (optional)
- jaljeera chutney: 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves, loosely packed1 tsp cumin seeds/jeera1 tsp fennel seeds/saunfseeds removed from 1 black cardamom - discard the outer cover1 dry red chili, deseeded (optional)a pinch of asafoetida/hing1 tsp black salt/kala namak5-6 black pepper 1/2 tsp dry mango powder/amchur powder1 tbsp seedless tamarind 1/4 or 1/3 cup water for grinding
- for toppings & garnish:1 small onion, finely chopped1 medium sized tomato, finely chopped1 green chili, slit or chopped 1/2 inch ginger, julienned or finely chopped1 lemon, quartered some coriander leaves (optional)
- For whole wheat kulcha:1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)1 tsp (5 grams) fresh yeast , crumbleda pinch of sugar1/2 tsp saltwhole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rollingoil for greasing and cooking