Kulia Fruit Chaat
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 pomegranate kernels
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1tsp boora or less
- 1tsp chaat masala
- 1 lemon Juice
- 3mint leaves/ curry leaves for garnish ( optional )
- 1.For filling: In a bowl take pomegranate kernels and toss with salt, boora , chaat masala and lemon juice.
- 2.Keep it aside for ten minutes for flavours to mingle. Though you can use directly also.
- 3.Meanwhile peel the cucumber and make side lines with a peeler on it.
- 4.Divide it into 3 parts. If cucumber is large then divide into 4 parts.
- 5.Now scoop out each piece from centre but keep the base intact.
- 6.Fill them with pomegranate kernels prepared.
- 7.Top a little more with lemon juice and masala that had settled at the bottom of pomegranate kernels bowl.
- 8.Garnish with mint leaves. ( I have used the curry leaves)
- 9.Sprinkle a pinch of chaat masala and boora on top and enjoy.
- 10.You can make variations in making kulia like using tomato, boiled potatoes and pineapple etc.as base and chickpea as filling.
My Tip: Add boiled chickpea to the filling inside. You can also add cheese to enhance the flavour.