How To Make jamnanagri ghughra
ghughra is very crispy and yummy street food of jamnagar (gujrat).it's a roadside snnack and very famous in gujrat . jamnagari ghughra saras lagu che.
- Prep Time30mins
- Cook Time20mins
Ingredients to make jamnanagri ghughra
- For outer crust - 1 cup all purpose flour /maida
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt as per tatse
- For stuffing - half cup dry peas soak overnight
- 3 boiled potatoes
- 3 tbsp oil
- Some cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger green chilli paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp chat masala.
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- Salt to taste
- For garnishing - nylon sev
- green chutney
- Red garlic chutney / tomato sause
- Oil for Deep frying
Steps to make jamnanagri ghughra
- For outer crust - in a bowl take all purpose flour , add 2 tbsp oil and salt into it and mix well . Knead it a dough by adding water . Leave them aside for 20 minutes .
- For stuffing - first drain and wash soaked peas and boiled it .
- When peas are done , Mash them with spoon or hand , add boiled potatoes and Mash both ingredients well .
- Now heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds when they starts crackle add ginger green chilli paste and saute for 2 - 3 minutes. Add red chilli powder , chat masala , roasted cumin powder and salt to taste .
- Now add boiled peas and potatoes mix .
- Add lemon juice and mix all ingredients well . Stuffing is ready .
- Now for making ghughra shape take dough and devide it in equal portion of balls . Now roll these balls like a disc .
- Put stuffing at the center of the disc and fold it and close adges . Give some design of your choice or u can use fork too for closing the sides .
- Fry these ghughra in hot oil at medium flame . Ghughras are ready.
- For serving - take one ghughra make a hole in between of ghughra by using your thumb . Fill green chutney and chilli garlic cutney / tomato sause in this hole and garnish with nylon sev . Serve immidiately .
My Tip: u can fresh peas also instead of dry peas .