How To Make Papad Parathas
Papad or Poppadums are very favorite Indian meal accompaniment-and also are eaten either before meals with chutney as an appetizer, or with meals as side. In many parts of India and in many Families (specially mine!), papad eating is almost an obsession and must-have with every Indian meal. Papad can be prepared in various ways-fried or roasted or even cook in gravy or just serve I roasted or fried papad as garnishing the dish. Here is a rather freakish Papad based recipe. "Papad Parathas"...!
- Prep Time5mins
- Cook Time15mins
Key ingredients for Papad Parathas
How to make Garam Masala
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Papad Parathas
- 4-5 Fried and crushed Papads
- 3/4 cup Finely chopped onions
- 1/3 cup Finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon Chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 Teaspoon oil
- Wheat flour Paratha dough
- Oil or Ghee for cooking
Steps to make Papad Parathas
- * Fry the papads and crushed them in a bowl.
- * In another bowl mix finely chopped onions, finely chopped cilantro, red chili powder, garam masala, chaat masala, some salt and 1 teaspoon oil.
- * Mix all well and keep on side. * Mix crushed papads and masala onion when you ready to roll Parathas.
- * Roll out the Paratha in to medium roti size. * Place the 1-2 tablespoon of papad stuffing on center of Parathas.
- * Close all the edges in a middle and make ball.
- * Roll the stuffed papad ball again and make Paratha.
- * Place on heated tawa or pan.
- * Cook it as you would cook plain paratha. Cook one side with oil or ghee until light golden brown spots appear on one side
- * Repeat same method and make all parathas like this.
- * Cut it into your favorite shape.(Optional)
- * Serve it hot with yogurt, pickle or mirchi