How To Make Jhatpat Prawn Masala
Jhatpat prawns masala is a quick and easy to cook prawns recipe which can be prepared with very few ingredients easily available in your kitchen. This is again a lip smacking dish prepared by masterchef husband.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time10mins
Ingredients to make Jhatpat Prawn Masala
- 500 gms prawns
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp fish masala (optional)
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Jhatpat Prawn Masala
- Marinate the prawns for 10 minutes with salt, turmeric, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice , coriander powder and fish masala.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and saute the chopped onions until golden brown.
- Add in the marinated prawns and cook until prawns are done. It should take about 6 to 8 minutes. (Do not overcook the prawns as they turn rubbery).
- Serve hot with steamed rice or rotis.