Turmeric Rice | How to make Turmeric Rice
About Turmeric Rice
Rice is one of the main staple foods in India. So whether you are in Himachal Pradesh or Kanyakumari ; rice dishes are stars of street food allover India.
Turmeric Rice, a deliciously finger licking recipe to treat your family and friends. This recipe of Turmeric Rice by Gagandeep Joshi will definitely help you in its preparation. The Turmeric Rice can be prepared within 5 minutes. The time taken for cooking Turmeric Rice is 8 minutes. With such flavoursome ingredients, the dish tastes superb! This recipe is appropriate to serve 4 people. The recipe details out how to make Turmeric Rice step by step. The detailed explanation makes Turmeric Rice so simple and easy that even beginners can try it out. The recipe for Turmeric Rice can be tweaked in a lot of ways to make it more interesting. So, the next time you have a party at home do not forget to check out the recipe of Turmeric Rice from BetterButter.
Ingredients to make Turmeric Rice
- 1 cup rice (soaked for 30 minutes)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped vegetables (carrots, bell peppers etc)
- 1 small onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 small tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic mince
- 1 tablespoon coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- For garnishing- 2 green chilies (finely chopped)
How to make Turmeric Rice
My Tip:If using un-soaked rice then just double the amount of water to the ratio of rice.