How To Make Shahi Paneer
Much loved and very famous paneer recipe, which I love cooking for my family anytime...
- Prep Time15mins
- Cook Time25mins
Key ingredients for Shahi Paneer
How to make Garam Masala
Ingredients to make Shahi Paneer
- Paneer cubed – 200 gms
- Onions – 3 medium sized
- Green chillies – 4
- Cashew nuts – 1/2 cup
- Tomato paste – 1/4th cup
- store bought, 75gms roughly
- Fresh tomatoes pureed – 3 medium sized
- Fresh cream – 1/2 cup
- Garam masala powder – 3/4th tsp
- Shahi zeera – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Red chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Oil –slightly more than 1/4th cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp heaped
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Fresh green coriander – 1 small bunch finely chopped
Steps to make Shahi Paneer
- Soak cashew nuts in 1/2 cup of hot water and then grind to smooth paste.
- Quarter the onions, slit the green chillies and saute in pan with a teaspoon of oil for 2 to 3min on high flame. Cool them down and make it into a paste.
- Now take a kadhai and add oil, then add shahi zeera, after that add onion, green chilli paste and then sauté till it turns golden brown on medium high flame.
- To this add garlic ginger paste and fresh tomato puree. Cook till fat separates then add tomato paste cook for few more minute.
- Then add cashew nut paste, sauté for a min and add salt, turmeric, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and then add water. Cook on a low flame till fat separates.
- Now add paneer pieces cover the lid and cook on a low flame for a minute or two. Add fresh cream, garam masala powder, kasuri methi and green coriander and cook covered for 2 to 3 minutes and serve hot.
- Here you can adjust the consistency as the curry tends to thicken, so you can add half cup or slightly more hot water according to your taste.
- After adding the water, cook for 5 minutes on low and its ready to serve.
My Tip: You can always add more cream if you want. Adding hot water at the end is purely optional as some people like very thin gravy. Paneer will be the softest if you just cook them for not more than 5min in total. paneer should never be fried in oil before adding to curry otherwise it will become hard and soggy. Always serve the curry hot as paneer will be very soft when the curry is hot.