Thai Chicken Satay (Sate Kai) with peanut sauce. | How to make Thai Chicken Satay (Sate Kai) with peanut sauce.
1st Mar 2016 ||
0.0 from 0 reviews Rate It!
Thai Chicken Satay (Sate Kai) with peanut sauce.by Chef (Mrs) Reetu Uday Kugaji
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Video for key ingredients
How to make Coconut Milk
Homemade Peanut Butter
Homemade Chicken Stock
Thai Chicken Satay (Sate Kai) with peanut sauce.
Ingredients to make Thai Chicken Satay (Sate Kai) with peanut sauce.
- Marination Time: 02 hours
- Bamboo skewers soaked in -12 nos. (06 inch skewers)
- -As required for soaking the skewers
- fillets , flattened cut into 01 inch strips-500 gm
- -08 nos.
- grass, chopped- 01 tbsp.
- cloves-04 cloves
- Galangal- 01 inch piece
- Fish sauce-01 tbsp.
- -01 tbsp.
- - to taste
- Vegetable oil / Sesame oil / Peanut oil-03 tbsp. for marinate and basting the satay while grilling
- For Sauce- Accompaniment:
- - 04 nos.
- Cloves -02 nos.
- Galangal- ½ inch piece. (Optional)
- Paste, such as sambal-04 gm.
- Shrimp Paste-02 gm.
- Fish Sauce-02 tbsp. includes .
- Brown -05 gm.
- Sesame -05 ml.
- Crunchy butter- 1/4th cup.
- Curry powder, mild- ½ tbsp.
- Thick Milk- ¾ th cup
- stock- 01 tbsp.
- paste / Lemon Juice-04 ml.
- Sweet Soy Sauce-08 ml.
- - to taste, if required as fish sauce has in it.
- For Accompaniment: Salad:
- Napa , finely shredded- ½ cup
- Red , finely shredded- ½ cup
- For salad dressing: Red wine vinegar 30 ml + 01 tbsp. peanut oil + 01 tsp + salt to taste
- For Garnish: Roasted peanuts, uned, crunchy, coarsely ground- 40 gm. (Optional)
How to make Thai Chicken Satay (Sate Kai) with peanut sauce.
My Tip:Chefs Tips: 1. The strongest tastes should be Sweet and Salty in order for the finished satay to taste its best. 2. Add more sugar or more fish sauce (in place of salt) to adjust the taste in the marinate. 3. Thai curry powders are available with various brands, in shopping malls. 4. Kaffir lime leaves- 04 nos. may be thinly sliced and sprinkled over the served Chicken satay to impart a refreshing taste and a wonderful aroma.