Grilled Chicken with Pesto sauce | How to make Grilled Chicken with Pesto sauce
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Video for key ingredients
How to make Pesto
About Grilled Chicken with Pesto sauce Recipe
Succulent grilled chicken breasts served on a bed of flavoured and mashed potatoes served with Pesto Sauce.
Grilled Chicken with Pesto sauce is a delicious dish which is liked by people of all age groups. Grilled Chicken with Pesto sauce by Chef (Mrs) Reetu Uday Kugaji has a step by step process of how to make the dish. This makes it very easy to understand for even beginners. This recipe can serve 4 people. You can find Grilled Chicken with Pesto sauce at many restaurants and you can also prepare this at home. This authentic and mouthwatering Grilled Chicken with Pesto sauce takes 10 minutes for the preparation and 25 minutes for cooking. When you want to prepare something delicious for a party or special occasion then Grilled Chicken with Pesto sauce is a good option for you. The flavour of Grilled Chicken with Pesto sauce is tempting and you will enjoy each bite of this. Try this Grilled Chicken with Pesto sauce on weekends and impress your family and friends. You can comment and rate the Grilled Chicken with Pesto sauce recipe on the page below.
Ingredients to make Grilled Chicken with Pesto sauce
- Breasts, boneless-04 nos. medium sized.
- -to taste
- Freshly ground black -01 gm. / to taste
- -04 gm.
- , peeled and crushed-06 cloves
- Oil-15 ml / as required for marinating and basting.
- For Pesto: (Yield -01 cup)
- Basil- 3 ½ cups.
- Pine Nuts- Roasted- ¼ th cup / 60 gm.
- Juice-15 ml.
- Zest ( Peel), grated-01 gm.
- Extra virgin Oil -75 ml.
- Freshly ground black -04 gm.
- -To Taste/ 04 gm.
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese- ¼ th cup / 60 gm.
- For Accompaniments:
- Extra virgin oil- 15 ml
- Zucchini green, cut into cubes: 01 no.
- Baby cut into halves- 100 gm.
- Red bell s- 01 no.
- Yellow bell - 01 no
- Green - 01 no
- - to taste
- Freshly ground black - to taste.
- For Mashed :
- Yukon Gold , peeled and cut lengthwise into quarters- 500 gm
- - to taste, to be put in the potatoes while boiling them.
- Heavy - 40 ml.
- - 30 gm.
- – 01 tbsp. / as required
- – to taste
- – to taste
- FOR GARNISH:
- Green, Red & Yellow bell s cut into juliennes and kept in chilled water- ¾ th of each bell .
- Fresh : 40 ml
How to make Grilled Chicken with Pesto sauce
My Tip:Chef Tips: 01. While marinating the chicken breasts, a little sugar is added as it will give the grilled chicken a rustic brown colour due to caramelization of sugar in the process of grilling. 02. Instead of applying crushed garlic to the chicken breasts, you may apply garlic juice. 03. Basting with olive oil in the chicken is required, so that it does not dry off, as we require juicy and soft chicken breast. 04. Do not add too much of lemon zest (lemon peel) as it will impart a bitter taste to the pesto. 05. You may add ½ a bunch of baby spinach for a little variation in Pesto sauce. 06. You may pour the pesto into a jar and cover with a little extra oil, then seal and store in the fridge. It will keep in a fridge for up to two weeks.