- Besan 3/4 cup
- chopped Coriander greens 2 cups
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- TEMEPRING (as per choice) Red chillies
- Sesame seeds
- Mustard seeds
- pinch of Hing
- Cumin seeds
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Lime juice
- Take first 6 ingredients listed and squeeze them together so that coriander leaves release water.
- Make soft dough by adding little water. Grease a plate and evenly spread this dough over it.
- Place this plate in a steamer and steam until knife comes out clean upon testing. Leave this to cool.
- For tempering, heat oil add hing, followed by red chili, mustard seeds and sesame seeds. Fry till they crackle.
- Take steamed cake and cut into wedges. Pour this tempering over it and toss.
- Sprinkle little lime juice and serve hot or warm with green chutney.
My Tip: Freeze the leftover steamed cake, crumble it later and temper the same way to make a quick tasty snack that looks different.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.