Red Bell Pepper - Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic grated
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp dry Oregano
- 1/2 tsp dry Basil
- 1/4 cup fresh Basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to drizzle
- Warm olive oil in a non-stick pan and add grated garlic.
- Saute for few seconds and add chopped bell pepper and saute on high flame for a minute. Now add chopped tomatoes and mix.
- Season with salt. When the tomatoes are half done, add chili flakes, dry oregano and basil.
- Stir by adding water and bringing it to boil. To this add basil leaves, stir and cover with lid. Reduce the flame and cook till done.
- Grind to paste upon cooling. Store this sauce in a container.
- To make a dipping sauce, take a small portion of the sauce and drizzle EVOO over it.
My Tip: One can try adding any other fresh herb like Thyme or Rosemary instead of Basil. For a more sweeter version a little sugar can be added to the sauce.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.