Matkichi Bhaji or Moth Bean Curry | How to make Matkichi Bhaji or Moth Bean Curry
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
About Matkichi Bhaji or Moth Bean Curry Recipe
Mat bean, moth bean, mataki, Turkish gram or dew bean is a drought-resistant legume, botanically known as Vigna aconitifolia. The pods, sprouts and protein-rich seeds of this crop are commonly consumed in India. Moth beans are a rich source of protein, carbohydrates. A sprouted version of Matki is very healthy and tasty. It can be used in making curries or salads, bhel, Misal etc. In Maharashtra it is popularly called as Matki and is consumed is sprout form. Matkichi bhaji or moth bean curry is a traditional dish and tastes amazing. Goes well with steamed rice, chapati, bhakari, Roti.
Ingredients to make Matkichi Bhaji or Moth Bean Curry
- Moth beans or Matki– 1 cup (Soaked overnight or sprouted)
- seeds – ½ tsp
- – ½ tsp
- – 2-4 nos
- cloves – 2nos (Peeled and crushed or finely chopped)
- finely chopped – ½ medium
- Fresh Ginger Paste – 1 ½ tsp
- – 1 medium (Finely Chopped)
- Fresh grated – 1/4th cup
- Finely chopped leaves – 1/4th cup
- Red chili powder – 1 ½ tsp.
- Garam or Goda – 1tsp
- – 1/4th tsp
- – 1tsp
- to taste
- – 1tbsp
How to make Matkichi Bhaji or Moth Bean Curry
My Tip:Don’t overcook Moth beans.