Stove top Granola
Stove top granola is a super-fast and simple to make granola that comes out crisp and delicious every time. Making granola over the stove top takes less time as compared to the baked granola. Granola is very versatile, simply add whatever your heart desires, dried fruits, nuts, toasted coconut, sweetener of your choice, etc. I added all the ingredients that were available in my pantry. If you want to make sugar free granola just skip adding the sweetener. For the sweetener, I chose to use jaggery because as per Ayurveda cooking honey releases toxins.
- Prep Time5Minutes
- Cooking Time10Minutes
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cut ragi flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins (Kismis)
- 2 tablespoons black sultana/dried black grapes
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons jaggery (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil/vegetable oil/butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat a pan over medium heat and dry roast the oats. Keep it aside.
- Dry roast the flax seeds, chopped walnuts and almonds for a minute and keep them aside.
- Heat coconut oil in the same pan, add jaggery and cook while stirring continuously until the jaggery melts.
- Add the cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, flax seeds, walnuts, almonds, oats and ragi flakes to the jaggery mixture. Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Just before taking off the heat add the raisins and sultans and give it a good mix.
- Remove from the heat and spread the hot granola over a plate or baking sheet and let it cool down completely. Store the granola in an airtight container.
- Serve with yogurt and fruit or simply munch on the granola as a snack.
My Tip: You can use flax seeds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.