How To Make Urad dal ki khasta kachori
Spicy Lentil Puffs - Speciality from the state of Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time15mins
Key ingredients for Urad dal ki khasta kachori
How to make Garam Masala
Ingredients to make Urad dal ki khasta kachori
- Refined Flour /Maida – 250 grams
- Semolina /Sooji – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Cooking oil – 50 ml
- For the Stuffing: White lentil/Urad daal (white) – 1/2 cup
- Fennel seeds /saunf crushed – 2 tbsp
- Chilli Powder/lal mirch – 2 tsp
- Green Chillies/hari mirch - 2
- Ginger grated/adrak - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida /hing - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder /dhaniya - 2 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
Steps to make Urad dal ki khasta kachori
- Take the refined flour and semolina in a bowl, add salt and refined oil. Mix these ingredients well together. Pour in water as required to make a soft dough and keep aside. Wash & soak the urad daal for 4 hours, then drain & wash well.
- Coarsely grind the urad daal, fennel, chopped green chillies & ginger in a mixer. Put this mixture in a bowl and add red chill powder, coriander powder, asafoetida,1 teaspoon oil & mix it well together.
- Add in soda bi carbonate to this mixture just before you start making kachoris. Take a small walnut sized ball of the dough, flatten it and stuff 1 tsp mixture in it and seal the edges. Roll it a bit to make a thick kachori.
- Heat oil in a wok. Then add the kachoris into the oil, and turn down the flame to medium. Every few seconds, flip the kachoris so that they are cooked on both the sides.
- Fry till both sides are brown and crispy and the kachori is puffed completely.