Methi Corn Malai (Fenugreek and Corn Curry)
How to make Garam Masala
- 2 cup/80 gm Fresh fenugreek/hari methi
- 1.5 cup Corn kernels/makai ke daaney
- 4 small Tomatoes (350 grams)
- 15 Cashew nuts/kaju
- 1 cup full fat milk/doodh
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder/elaichi powder
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric powder / Haldi powder
- 3/4 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1.5 tsp Sugar /Chini
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Wash and chop the methi leaves. Apply some salt, cover & keep aside for 10 minutes. Squeeze & wash well with fresh water.
- Pressure cook the corn kernels with a cup of water for 3 whistles, drain & keep aside. Chop the cashews, soak them in 3 tbsp milk for 15 minutes and then grind to form a fine paste.
- Pressure cook the tomato & blend to make a fine puree. Heat oil and 1 tbsp butter in a pan. Add cumin seeds in it, once the seeds start crackling add cardamom powder.
- Now add chopped fenugreek leaves/methi and saute for a minute. Pour in the tomato puree, salt, chili powder & turmeric powder. Cook till the oil starts to separates.
- Add in the cashew paste & boiled corn and cook for another minute. Simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add in the cream and mix well. Cover the pan and cook for a minutes on low heat.
- Serve hot with naan, roti or paratha.
My Tip: If fresh methi is not available then use 4 tbsp of kasoori methi. Soak it in water for 10 minutes. Discard the water, wash again and use.