Clear Vegetable Soup
Homemade Vegetable Stock
- Carrot - 1
- Cauliflower 1/2
- Beans 1/2 cup
- Peas 1 cup
- Onion 1, small (Chopped)
- Tofu, diced 1/4 cup (Optional)
- Garlic 1 clove
- Olive oil 1 tsp
- Basil a few leaves
- Thyme for flavouring
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic and onion and saute it for a few seconds.
- Add chopped cauliflower florets and carrots, saute it for couple of minutes. Next add chopped beans and cook it for another minute.
- Add in the shelled peas and cook for 2 minutes. Add salt.
- Add in 4 cups of water or vegetable stock.
- Finally add in the diced tofu if using. Let it come to a boil then let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with basil and thyme. Sprinkle pepper as per taste. Serve steaming hot.
My Tip: Add tofu to make it more filling.