How To Make Paneer Lemon Rice
'Paneer' the Indian cheese is a favourite at every Indian home. Adding paneer to the tangy lemon rice gives a superb taste and texture, we simply loved this dish at our home.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time20mins
Ingredients to make Paneer Lemon Rice
- 2 cups - Cooked rice
- 1 cup - Paneer cubes
- 1/4 cup - Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon - Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon - Urad dal
- 1 teaspoon - Channa dal
- 2 Green chillies (slit opened)
- 3 Dry red chillies
- Few Cashews
- 1 teaspoon - Ginger (grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon - Asafoetida powder
- Few curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon - Turmeric powder
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Paneer Lemon Rice
- Take a pan and heat enough oil in it, fry the ingredients, mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal, curry leaves, dry red chillies with a dash of the asafoetida powder.
- Next put in the cashews and fry till they turn brown in colour.
- Take a separate kadai, heat a little oil and roast the paneer cubes in it. Once they are done, keep it aside.
- Put in the ingredients, green chillies, grated ginger into the pan and sauté this mixture for a few seconds.
- Also add in the turmeric powder, salt and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- In the meantime, take the cooked rice then add the lemon juice and pan roasted paneer cubes into it, gently toss it so that the rice combines well with these ingredients.
- In the end add the tempered spice mixture to the lemon rice.
- Again softly mix the spice mixture into the lemon rice, the rice should appear coated with the spices and paneer cubes.
- Serve the dish piping hot with a side of spicy potato fries.