How To Make Besan ke sev
Whether you are Gujrati or not but this Gujrati delicacy must have been tasted by everyone. It is so yum and made with a batter of gram flour which is pressed through a mould and then deep fried.
- Prep Time5mins
- Cook Time15mins
Ingredients to make Besan ke sev
- Besan 4 tbsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Tomato 1/2 finely chopped
- Green chillies 1 finely chopped
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Chaat masala 1 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Finely chopped coriander 1 tsp
- Lemon wedges 2
Steps to make Besan ke sev
- In a bowl, make a thick batter of besan, salt, chilli powder, cumin seeds and water.
- Fill it in the machine to make the sev and press hard over the preheated oil in a kadai. Fry till they turn golden brown, then remove and drain the excess oil.
- Your crispy sev are ready. You can enjoy them straightforward.
- To make it more interesting, we can add finely chopped tomatoes, chopped green chillies, chaat masala powder and lemon juice to it. Mix and let it consume the flavours.
- Add finely chopped coriander, garnish it with lemon wedges and enjoy.
My Tip: You can add peanuts and finely chopped onions to it as well.