Soya Kheema & Cashew Nut Balls/ Soya Keema
- 20 Soya nuggets (cooked)
- 1 tablespoon - Fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon - Poppy seeds
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 15 Cashew nuts
- 3 Green chillies
- 1 teaspoon - Ginger
- 1/2 cup - Roasted gram powder (pottukadalai powder)
- 1 Onion (chopped finely)
- Few mint leaves
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Take a pan and heat a few drops of oil, saute the chopped onions until they turn transparent.
- Take the poppy seeds, cashew nuts, garlic cloves, ginger, fennel seeds, green chillies, cooked soya granules and grind it to a powder mixture.
- In a bowl mix in together the sauteed onions, ground spices, cashew and soya mixture, chopped mint leaves, roasted gram powder and salt.
- Make sure to blend everything well and form a dough.
- Use your fingers and make medium sized balls from this dough and store aside.
- Take a pan and heat enough oil to deep fry these balls.
- Once the oil is heated, release the rolled balls into the oil.
- On a medium flame fry these balls until they turn golden brown in colour, drain the excessive oil with a paper towel.
- Serve sizzling hot with ketchup.
My Tip: You can also serve this as a side dish with one pot meals like pulao or biriyani.