How To Make Multigrain Thalipeeth
It's a Multigrain Thalipeeth with Veggies, Thalipeeth is a type of savory multi-grain pancake popular in Western India. It is a special Maharashtrian dish. This contains Whole Wheat Flour, Chickpea Flour, Soya Flour, and Rajgira Flour, and Vegetables to make it more healthy!
- Prep Time15mins
- Cook Time10mins
Key ingredients for Multigrain Thalipeeth
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Multigrain Thalipeeth
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Besan (Chickpea Flour)
- 1/4 cup Soya Flour
- 1/4 cup Rajgira Flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions and garlic
- 2 tbsp finely chopped capsicum
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp green chillies
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Multigrain Thalipeeth
- Take a Bowl and add all the flours, mix it well with your hands.
- Add the cumin seeds, fennel Seeds, sesame Seeds, chopped onions and garlic, capsicum, finely chopped mint leaves, coriander leaves and salt. Mix them well together.
- Now add spices into the flour mixture and mix them well. Then add yogurt in it and mix it again. If you need water to make a dough, add water gradually and make a soft dough. Drizzle a little oil on to your hands and coat the dough with it.
- Cover and let it rest for about 5-7 minutes. Divide this dough into equal parts of balls.
- Take an aluminum foil, or any plastic sheets and put one ball on a sheet. Drizzle some oil on your fingers and tap the dough with your fingers to make a Thalipeeth. Make a hole in the middle of the Thalipeeth.
- Heat a tawa and cook the thalipeeth on the tawa using oil/ghee till its golden brown on both sides. Use a flat ladle to press down and let cook evenly.
- Serve it hot.