How To Make Sindhi Kadhi
The Sindhi cuisine is very diverse and unique and Sindhi’s are known for their love of food. I miss this amazing cuisine a lot, especially now that I am settled abroad and my parents have finally moved from Ulhasnagar.So to relive my days I made “Sindhi Curry” for dinner today. Which is a very easy gram flour curry made up of few vegetables and gram flour. A special mention to “Alka of Sindhi Rasoi” whose amazing recipes inspired and tempted me to make this.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time30mins
Ingredients to make Sindhi Kadhi
- 2 Tomatoes pureed
- 4 Tbsp Gram flour (Besan)
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds (raai)
- 1/2 Tsp Fenugreek Seeds (meethi dana)
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
- 2 Tsp red chilly powder
- 1/2 Tsp turmeric powder
- A mix of vegetables – Diced potatoes French beans Okra (bhindi) Drumstick (seengi) Cauliflower floreats (you can use any of these vegetables)
- A big Ball of Tamarind soaked in hot water
- A pinch of Asafoetida (Heeng
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
Steps to make Sindhi Kadhi
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan and add the curry leaves, cumin seeds, Asafoetida, Mustard seeds in it.
- When it starts to splutter add the gram flour and roast it till light brown on a low flame
- Once the gram flour is slightly brown add red chilly powder, turmeric powder and grated tomatoes and just mix it for a few minutes vigorously making sure there are no lumps
- Add 4 cups of water to this mixture slowly.
- Once the water boils add the salt, diced potatoes, french beans, drumsticks, cauliflower and let it cook on a medium flame.
- After around 10 – 12 minutes once the potatoes are almost cooked you can add the Okra as it is or by frying it lightly first.
- Once the Okra is cooked add the tamarind paste and let the curry boil for a few minutes.
- Serve this with hot steamed rice