For Marinating Chicken: • For making biryani masala, take cinnamon, black pepper, cloves, black cardamom, green cardamom, star anise, mace, stone flower into a blender/mixer/grinder.
• Blend everything into powder. Let the biryani masala be a little coarse.
• Take chicken into a bowl (Big pieces not too small pieces)
• For marinating chicken add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, lemon juice, salt, biryani masala, green chillies.
• Leave 1 tsp biryani masala in the mixer pot.
• Add curd, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix everything well together.
• Cover and transfer chicken into freeze for marination over night.
For Rice: • Boil water. Add shahjeera, black pepper, black cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, ghee and salt. Let the water come to boil.
• Take basamati rice and wash it really good.
• Drain water and add rice into boiling water.
• Cook rice on medium heat for 5 minutes.
• After boiling rice for 5 minutes turn off the gas.
To Assemble: Take the chicken out of the freeze 1 1/2- 2 hours before making biryani. Let it come to room temperature.
• Take thick bottom pan/rice cooker. Add ghee and spread it at the bottom of the pan/rice cooker.
• Give a layer of marinated chicken.
• Next give a layer of fried onion and coriander leaves. Drain the boiled rice and layer it over the chicken.
• Take saffron strands into a microwave safe bowl and add water/milk in it. Microwave it for 30 seconds.
• Add this saffron water/milk over rice. • Sprinkle leftover biryani masala over this rice.
• Sprinkle coriander leaves, fried onion and lots of ghee. • Cook the biryani on medium heat for 10 minutes.
• Cook it for another 10 minutes on low to medium heat. • Finally cook it for another 15 minutes on lowest possible heat.
• Turn off the gas and let it be like that for 5 minutes more. • Open the lid and serve tasty Chicken biryani.