How To Make Vendakkai with Coconut Milk
Kerela dish made from Okra prepared to be enjoyed with steamed rice.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time45mins
Key ingredients for Vendakkai with Coconut Milk
How to make Coconut Milk
Ingredients to make Vendakkai with Coconut Milk
- 350g Vendakkai (okra) cut in half
- 10 Shallots/small onions chopped
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Green Chillies chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger grated1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- A few curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Vendakkai with Coconut Milk
- Blend coconut milk with green chilies in grinder with 1 tbsp of water to make a paste.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and allow them to crackle.
- Add the chopped onions and ginger. Saute till the onions become tender.
- Now add the Vendakkai and curry leaves, stir well. Add salt to taste, cover with the lid, lower the heat and cook 5mins.
- Keep the lid of the pan slightly to avoid the Vendakkai from becoming soggy.
- Once it is cooked well, add the coconut paste and stir fry for 8-10 mins.
- Serve along with steamed rice.