How To Make Orange Pound Cake
A combination of a pound cake and a upside down cake. Garnished with caramelized walnuts, palm jaggery (nolen gur) and served with nolen gur cream.
- Prep Time15mins
- Cook Time2Hours
Ingredients to make Orange Pound Cake
- For the cake:
- Unsalted butter 250 gms
- Maida 300 gms
- Caster sugar 450 gms
- Eggs 6 nos
- Baking powder 6 gms
- Oil 100 ml
- Almond powder 150 gms
- Malta 3 nos
- Milk 200 ml
- Orange juice 100 ml
- For caramelised walnuts:
- 150 grams walnut
- 100 grams Sugar
- For Nolen Gur Cream:
- 200 ml whipped cream
- 80 ml Nolen gur
Steps to make Orange Pound Cake
- Take a 9 inch cake mould, and line it with sliced oranges (malta).
- Cream the butter and sugar together till light and fluffy. Add the eggs slowly and keep mixing.
- Fold in the flour, almond flour and baking powder. Then add the oil, milk and orange juice.
- Keep mixing till everything is mixed properly. Pour the mix into the cake tin and bake for 2 hours at 180 C. After the first hour reduce the temperature to 150 C
- For Caramelised walnuts: Melt the suagr in a pan till it caramelizes. Then coat each walnut with the caramel individually and keep aside.
- For the cream: Mix the whipped cream and nolen gur together and refrigerate
- Slice the cake and warm it, then garnish it with the caramelized walnuts and serve warm with a dollop of the cream