Dal Makhani | How to make Dal Makhani (26 likes)
- By Jaya Rajesh
Created on 13th Apr 2016
About Dal Makhani
Dal Makhani is a popular dish from the state of Punjab in India. It’s a thick buttery lentil stew that tastes awesome.
Dal Makhani is an authentic dish which is perfect to serve on all occasions. The Dal Makhani is delicious and has an amazing aroma. Dal Makhani by Jaya Rajesh will help you to prepare the perfect Dal Makhani in your kitchen at home. Dal Makhani needs 20 minutes for the preparation and 20 minutes for cooking. In the BetterButter app, you will find the step by step process of cooking Dal Makhani. This makes it easy to learn how to make the delicious Dal Makhani. In case you have any questions on how to make the Dal Makhani you can comment on the page below. The "What's cooking" feature on the BetterButter app can help you connect with our home chefs like Jaya Rajesh. Dal Makhani will surely satisfy the taste buds of your guests and you will get compliments from your guests.
- Prep Time20mins
- Cook Time20mins
Ingredients to make Dal Makhani
- 1/2 cup split black gram and 1/2; cup brown kidney beans soaked in water overnight.
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 3 riped tomatoes pureed
- A pinch of cooking soda (its optional please refer notes)
- 3 tbsp butter or clarified butter
- 1 tsp freshly ground ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chilies crushed
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida powder
- 1/2 tsp each of kashmiri chili and turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 cup of full cream milk(this is optional please refer notes)
- Salt according to taste
- Coriander for garnish