- 375 grams spinach greens ,chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 450 grams mustard greens
- 2 1 inch piece of ginger piece
- 3 tomatoes,chopped
- 4 green chilies
- 7-8 garlic cloves,minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- A pinhch asoeftida
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon yellow cornmeal / makki ka atta
- 2-3 dry red chilies
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pack/8 oz organic super firm tofu,cubed
- Water as required
- In a big cooking pan add 1 cup water ,mustard green ,spinach green along with a pinch of salt and ginger.Cook, covered for 15-20 minutes or if using a pressure cooker ,cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Once cooled, puree the cooked spinach and mustard in blender and set aside. Drizzle a pan with canola oil and pan fry the cubed tofu from both sides till lightly golden in color. Make puree of the tomatoes and green chilli as well.
- Heat canola oil in a pan or wok.Add aseftida ,dry red chilli and cumin seeds.Let the seeds splutter a little.
- Now add minced garlic and saute till golden in color.Once garlic is golden brown ,ad tomato chilli puree,salt ,red chilli ,turmeric ,coriander powder.Saute and cook till oil leaves the sides.
- Add the cornmeal and stir until combined. Finally add the spinach mustard puree ,cook covered for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add pan fried tofu,mix well. Serve hot with makki roti or plain phulka.