Key ingredients for Shahi Paneer Makhmali
How to make Garam Masala
Ingredients to make Shahi Paneer Makhmali
- Paneer cubes - 1 cup diced in square shape
- Onion chopped in pieces - 1
- Cashew 5 - 10
- Dessicated coconut - 1 tbsp
- Green chillies 3- 4
- Green Elaichi - 2
- Fresh cream - 2 tbsp
- Whisked yoghurt 2- 3 tbsp
- White pepper powder - 1 tbsp
- Saffron strands few
- Sugar - 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil / butter 2 - 3 tbsp
Steps to make Shahi Paneer Makhmali
- Take a pan, add a little water, put onion, cashew, green chillies, cardamom seeds, dessicated coconut and let it come to a boil and then cool it. Make a fine paste.
- Heat oil, add saffron strands, add the paste with a little water. Cook for a minute or two, add white pepper powder.
- Add yoghurt and on a simmering flame, add fresh cream, sugar. The gravy is made.
- Add garam masala, paneer cubes and cook for 2 - 3 minutes or till the gravy thickens.
- Garnish with silver varak and chopped coriander leaves.
My Tip: Use fresh cream and whisked yoghurt.