Key ingredients for Mangodi Pulao
How to make Garam Masala
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Mangodi Pulao
- 1-1/2 cup Rice
- 3/4 cup mangodi (Badi)
- Oil/ghee 3 tbsp
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Tej patta 1
- Clove 3 - 4
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Ginger Chilli paste 2 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves
- For Garnish:
Steps to make Mangodi Pulao
- Soak the rice for atleast 30 minutes.
- Fry the Badi golden brown in a pan with 1 tbsp oil.
- Heat oil/ghee in cooker, add tej patta, cloves, black pepper, ginger chilli paste and the fried Badi. Add in 3 1/2 cup water.
- Let it boil. Add rice, coriander and lemon juice. Cover and cook for one whistle.
- Let it cool, serve it hot with masala papad and raita.
- Garnish it with coriander and sprinkle lemon juice over it
My Tip: Use ghee for better taste, do not use haldi powder and do not over fry Mangodi else it will burn.