How To Make Punjabi Aloo Paratha
Punjab is all about fun, food and frolic. They literally live life king size. From their culture to their food, everything is grand and rich. Another staple from punjab, you may call it as their everyday meal/ breakfast is Aloo ke Paronthe commonly known as Aloo Paratha. Whole wheat flat bread stuffed with spicy and tangy potato filling is a just so filling and keeps you energised whole day.
- Prep Time20mins
- Cook Time10mins
Key ingredients for Punjabi Aloo Paratha
How to make Garam Masala
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Punjabi Aloo Paratha
- Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
- salt - 1 tsp
- Boiled Potato - 3 large
- Onion - 1 medium
- Green chili - 2 chopped
- Coriander - 2 tbsp chopped
- Garam Masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Amchur / dry mango powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt for filling - as needed
- Oil - for frying
Steps to make Punjabi Aloo Paratha
- Sieve flour and add salt in it.
- By adding water gradually knead the flour and make a soft dough.
- Keep aside the dough and prepare the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl add boiled potatoes.
- Mash them with a fork or your hands
- Add red chili powder, garam masala, cumin powder, amchur, chopped onions, green chilies and coriander.
- Mix all together to make a filling.
- Adjust salt as per your required taste.
- Now heat a tawa and meanwhile start preparing the parathas.
- Pinch a lemon sized ball from the dough and flatten it to make a disk.
- Take a spoon of filling and place it in the center of the flat disk.
- Gather the disk sides together and seal the dough to make a ball again.
- Dust the counter with flour and roll out the filled dough ball to shape it into a paratha.
- Place the paratha on the heated tawa and dry roast from both sides first.
- Now add ghee or oil from sides and on both surfaces and fry the parathas till they are crisp.
- Serve with dahi, pickle or your favorite dip.