How To Make Tofu Potato Breakfast Burrito
Breakfast burritos are typically made with eggs and potatoes. I decided to use tofu that was made using this recipe instead of eggs. Since tofu is rich in protein, it makes for a perfect egg substitute if you do not eat eggs. Breakfast burritos were introduced to me during an office potluck and it has become my favorite since. The filling is versatile and you can use frozen hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, etc. The burritos were served with a side of colored pepper salsa and it was an instant hit.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time95mins
Ingredients to make Tofu Potato Breakfast Burrito
- 3/4 cup Onions chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Tofu
- 1 cup Bell Pepper
- 1 Tomatoe
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 3 Green chilly
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Chilly powder
- 2 cups Potatoes diced
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- Burrito as needed
- Cheese as need
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Tofu Potato Breakfast Burrito
- Using a kitchen cloth, press tofu to remove exceess moiture, wrap tofu with paper towels and place something heavy on top of it. Leave for 30 mins.
- Scramble it and keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal. Saute until golden brown
- Add onions, bell peppers, green chillies and tomatoes. Cook for 5 mins.
- Sprinkle some chilli pwder and then add the scarmbled tofu.
- Season with salt, add some soy sauce and mix well to coat, for a bout 2 mins. Remove bhurji and keep aside
- Heat oil in another pan,add cumin seeds, potatoes, salt and chilly powder. Sprinkle water and allow the potatoes to cook.
- Assemble the burrito with bhurji, potato fry and cheese. Roll it up and grill if needed.