Kashmiri Paneer Chaman
How to make Garam Masala
How to make Ghee
- Paneer - 250 grams
- Tomato puree - 1 cup
- Kashmiri red chilli powder - 2 teaspoons
- Hing or asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Fennel powder - 2 teaspoons
- Dry ginger powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
- Ghee - 1 teaspoon
- bay leaf - 1
- Black cardamon - 2
- Green cardamom - 4
- Cinnamon stick - 1
- Oil - 5 tablespoons (Preferably Mustard Oil)
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Cut the paneer into thick rectangular pieces.
- In a wok add 5 tablespoons oil. Shallow fry paneer pieces from both the sides till light brown. Keep them aside.
- Add hing, then splutter black cardamom, green cardamom, bay leaf and cinnamon.
- Add tomato puree, salt, red chilli powder, dry ginger powder. Cook till the masala leaves oil from the sides.
- Add paneer to the masala. Now add some fennel powder. Mix.
- Now add 1/2 cup water.
- Mix well and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garam masala powder, ghee, cover with lid. Allow to cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the gas, garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Enjoy it with hot steamed rice or any indian bread.
My Tip: I always prefer homemade tomato puree instead of using store bought tomato puree.