How To Make Peshawari Naan
This delicious bread is worth every bit of the effort. Try making naan in the comfort of your home and find you own ways to enjoy.
- Prep Time2Hours
- Cook Time15mins
Key ingredients for Peshawari Naan
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Peshawari Naan
- Milk - 150 ml, warmed
- Yeast - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- All purpose flour or maida - 500 gms
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Yogurt 6-8 tbsp
- Butter 4-5 tbsp, melted
- White sesame seeds - 1 tbsp or as required
- Chives 1-2 tbsp, finely chopped
Steps to make Peshawari Naan
- Mix the warmed milk with yeast and sugar. Stir to dissolve and set aside for 30 minutes or until it starts to bubble.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and mix well. Make a well in the centre and add the melted butter, yogurt, and the yeast mixture and mix to form a rough a dough.
- Bring together with your hands. The dough should be soft and sticky. So add more water if needed.
- Knead the dough the on a flour dusted surface for 5-10 minutes until smooth and place the dough in a lightly floured bowl, cover with a wet tea towel and set aside for an hour or till the dough doubles in size.
- Once risen, transfer the dough back to the work surface and punch the dough and knead for a minute more.
- Divide the dough in 12 equal portions and roll each portion. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and half a tsp of chives and roll the dough into an oblong using a little flour.
- Heat a girdle and place the rolled naan with the sesame seeds side facing downwards. Cook it on one side till it puffs slightly.
- Turn and cook it on the other side till it puffs some more. Then, put the naan on the open flame till it turns golden on both sides.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the dough. Brush each naan with ghee or melted butter and serve hot immediately.