How to make Ghee
- Milk - 150 ml, warmed
- Yeast - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- All purpose flour or maida - 500 gms
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Yogurt 6-8 tbsp
- Butter 4-5 tbsp, melted
- White sesame seeds - 1 tbsp or as required
- Chives 1-2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Mix the warmed milk with yeast and sugar. Stir to dissolve and set aside for 30 minutes or until it starts to bubble.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and mix well. Make a well in the centre and add the melted butter, yogurt, and the yeast mixture and mix to form a rough a dough.
- Bring together with your hands. The dough should be soft and sticky. So add more water if needed.
- Knead the dough the on a flour dusted surface for 5-10 minutes until smooth and place the dough in a lightly floured bowl, cover with a wet tea towel and set aside for an hour or till the dough doubles in size.
- Once risen, transfer the dough back to the work surface and punch the dough and knead for a minute more.
- Divide the dough in 12 equal portions and roll each portion. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and half a tsp of chives and roll the dough into an oblong using a little flour.
- Heat a girdle and place the rolled naan with the sesame seeds side facing downwards. Cook it on one side till it puffs slightly.
- Turn and cook it on the other side till it puffs some more. Then, put the naan on the open flame till it turns golden on both sides.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the dough. Brush each naan with ghee or melted butter and serve hot immediately.