Marwadi Papad Ki Sabji
- 10 Papads
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Pinch of asafoetida/hing
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 and 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Coriander Powder
- 1 tablespoon gram flour/besan
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder/haldi
- To taste red chilli powder/lal mirchi
- Salt to taste
- 2 tabelspoons coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- You can opt to either roast/ fry/ microwave the Papads. Break them into pieces and keep aside.
- Take a pan, heat the oil and add in the cumin Seeds. Once they splutter, add in the asafoetida.
- Meanwhile, take a cup and mix the yogurt in 1/2 cup of water. Add in the spices, Coriander Powder, Turmeric Powder, Gram Flour, Red Chili Powder and Salt. Mix these ingredients well.
- Turn down the heat and add in the yogurt/water mixture while stirring constantly.
- Once all the mixture is in the pan, increase the heat to medium. Allow the mixture to reduce and the oil to separate. Next add in the broken pieces of papad and combine them together.
- Put in the remaining water and allow this to cook for 8 to10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the spices accordingly, you may add lemon juice if required.
- Serve hot with a garnish of cilantro.
My Tip: Remember that papad has salt, so do not add too much salt to this dish.