How to make Idli/Dosa Batter
- 2 cups idli batter
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped beans
- For the tempering: 2 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 cumin seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- salt to taste
- Grease the idli moulds with a bit of oil and set aside. Mix the idli batter with salt.
- Prepare the tempering now, heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds to it. Let it splutter. Add the cumin seeds to it and the curry leaves. Keep aside
- Pour the idli batter into the prepared moulds. Top with the tempering and the vegetables and steam for about 10-12 minutes or until the idlis are light to touch.
- Serve with mint chutney or coconut chutney
My Tip: We like to add some sprouts too in the idlis
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.