- Okra – 350gms
- Gram Flour – 2-4 tbsp
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp or less (depending on the spice level)
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry Leaves – 8-10
- Brown Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel – 1 tsp
- Coriander – 4-6 tbsp chopped
- Oil to fry
- Thoroughly wash okra and using a kitchen towel/tissue pat dry. Cut into 1 inch size pieces and set aside.
- Take ¼ cup oil in a heavy bottom pan and fry okra until nice brown and crisp. Remove on to a kitchen tissue and season with salt.
- Take a bowl and whisk curd, gram flour, spices and salt by adding 2 tbsp. of water.
- Add few teaspoons of oil to a wok and when it heats up add curry leaves, mustard seeds, fennel and cumin seeds. Fry till fragrant.
- On low flame, add the above made curd mixture and cook on medium flame till the raw smell of gram flour wafts. This will take nearly 4-5 minutes. Take care not
- To maintain thick creamy consistency add more water, if needed. Keep stirring to avoid lumps.
- Now add okra and bring the mixture to boil. Turn off the flame and garnish with fresh coriander. Serve warm with chapati’s.