Misti Basanti pulao/Sweet yellow pulao
How to make Ghee
- Basmati rice 2 cups
- Cashew nut 2-3 tbsp
- Raisin 2-3 tbsp
- Ghee 3-4 tbsp
- Sugar 6-7 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Green cardamom 3-4
- Cinnamon 1/2 inch stick
- Cloves 3-4
- Bay leaf 2
- Soak rice for 1 hour.
- Heat a pan with ghee, add cashews and raisin and fry it a little. Now add bay leaf, green cardamom, cinnamon and cloves.
- Once it develops a nice aroma, add rice, sugar, turmeric powder, salt to taste and give it a good stir.
- Add 3 and 1/2 cup of water and cover the pan. Keep it on a high flame for 5 mins, then reduce the flame to low and cook for 20-25 mins or until the rice (pulao) is cooked properly.
- Do not stir the pulao until it is cooled down to 30 -40%.
- Serve this Misti Basanti Pulao with Bengali Kosa Mangsho or Alur Dom.
My Tip: You can reduce or increase the amount of sugar as per your taste. You can also add rose water for an extra nice and sweet aroma.