Gajar Ka Halwa
How to make Ghee
How to make Khoya
- 2 cup red carrots grated
- 4 cups milk
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 green cardamom crushed
- 20 slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup khoya
- 3-4 varq / silver leaves
- 2 tbsp crushed almonds to garnish
- In a large wok add the carrots and the milk together. Stir and start cooking it on medium flame. Cook till all the milk evaporates, almost 35 minutes
- The carrots will look discoloured, don't worry and add the ghee to it and cook till the carrots change colour, about 15 minutes
- Add the sugar to this mix, cook for five to six minutes and add the khoya. Turn off the gas.
- The sugar would have melted into the carrot mix by now and then add the cardamom seeds, raisins (optional) and slivered almonds. Mix well and turn into a serving dish..
- Let the halwa cool and then decorate with varq and top with crushed almonds. Serve hot or cold.
My Tip: You can add chopped dates to this as well as some fried cashews