How to make Ghee
- 1 cup powdered jaggery
- 1 cup chana dal (bengal gram spilt and skinned)
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 3 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- 1 tsp dry ginger powder
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- Äµ tsp nutmeg powder
- Äµ tsp turmeric powder
- salt as per taste
- Soak the chana dal in water for 30 minutes.
- Pressure cook the chana dal for 5-6 whistles. Strain and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in the pan, add ginger powder, nutmeg powder, cardamom powder and fennel powder. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add chana dal and jaggery to the mixture and cook till the mixture gets dry.
- Let the mixture cool down and then mash the mixture well.
- For the 'poli' dough: mix atta (wheat flour) and maida (Refined flour) and salt in a bowl.
- Add a little bit of ghee and water and knead the dough to make a smooth and soft dough. Cover it with a cloth for 15-20 minutes.
- Make a medium sized ball from the dough and roll with the help of rolling pin.
- Put the mixture in between and bring the edges together and pinch them.
- Dust some flour over the rolling board and roll the dough into a circle.
- Grease the hot tawa with ghee and place the poli on the tawa.
- Pour the ghee on the poli and turn once cooked from one side.
- Cook on both sides and serve with curd.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.