Badam Elaichi Kulfi
- 2 Cups Milk of Whole / Full Fat
- 1/4th Cup Almonds, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Custard Powder
- 1 Tin (200 gm) Amul Mithai Mate (Or Sweetened Condensed Milk)
- 3/4th Cup Milk Cream (Whipping or Regular)
- 1 Cup Almond Milk Powder Mix (I used MTR)
- 1 tablespoon Elaichi Powder (Cardamom Powder)
- 8 Kulfi Moulds
- 8 Kulfi Sticks
- In a shallow pan, add milk and heat it on a medium flame. Make sure it does not burn. When it's hot, add custard powder to it.
- Make sure there is no malai/cream formed in the milk. Keep stirring continuously and make sure there are no lumps formed. Keep stirring till the milk is thickened.
- When it's getting thick, add the chopped almonds. The right consistency is the one we get to make fruit custard. Note that a slightly thick consistency is the right one. Once this is achieved, take it off the gas and let it cool.
- To this add the mithai mate or any sweetened condensed milk. Mix well. Add the almond mix and mix again, finally add elaichi powder and cream.
- Now pour this mixture into kulfi moulds. Cover and freeze them for 2 hours. This time the kulfi is slightly set, place the kulfi stick in each of the kulfi mould.
- Make sure that the kulfi stick stands firm after you place them or else you need to wait for sometime so that the kulfi is hardened. Let it refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- To remove the kulfi from moulds rub the kulfi mould between your palms or dip them in a bowl of water to loosen the kulfi. Enjoy it chilled!