Eggless Kesar Pista Ice Cream
- 2 cups of double cream, chilled
- 1 cup full fat milk, chilled
- 2/3 cup sugar
- A generous pinch of saffron
- 3-4 tbsp of pistachios, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp saffron and pistachios to garnish
- A small pinch of cardamom powder
- Freeze the freezer ice cream bowl as per the manufacturer's instruction.
- Combine the milk, sugar and saffron in a bowl and whisk until the sugar dissolves. Then add the double cream and gently mix everything together.
- Place the freezer bowl into a ice cream machine and add the cardamom powder and pistachios into liquid. Turn the machine on and transfer the liquid into the ice cream maker and follow according to manufacturer's instructions.
- My ice cream maker produces soft finish, so for a firmer texture, I freeze the ice cream mixture into an airtight container. Garnish the ice cream with saffron threads, pistachio nuts and freeze for at least an hour.
- Ice cream is ready without any crystals. Enjoy!