How To Make Soft Buttermilk Biscuits
This biscuit is simple, flaky and delicious. A classic recipe that produces biscuits with a lovely and light texture.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time15mins
Ingredients to make Soft Buttermilk Biscuits
- All purpose flour 2 cups
- Baking powder 1 tbsp
- Baking Soda 1 tsp
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Cold butter 1/2 cup
- Buttermilk 1 cup
Steps to make Soft Buttermilk Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 232 degrees celsius. Cut the butter into small cubes and keep it in the freezer. (Note that the butter should be very cold.)
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Using fingertips, rub the chilled butter into dry ingredients until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add the cold buttermilk and stir until the dough is mixed and combined well, it will be slightly sticky/tacky.
- Take out the dough onto a floured surface and gently pat (do NOT roll it with a rolling pin) the dough out until it's about half inch thick. Fold the dough about 5 times and gently press the dough down till it's 1 inch thick. Use a round cutter to cut into round shapes.
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown on top.
- Serve these biscuits with butter.