How To Make Gobhi Manchurian
Gobhi Manchurian(dry) is one of the best to serve as a starter or as an accompaniment for noodles/rice.
- Prep Time15mins
- Cook Time30mins
Ingredients to make Gobhi Manchurian
- 1 Gobhi cut into small florets
- 1/2 Cup Cornflour
- 5 tbsp All purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 tbsp Rice flour
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 1 Capsicum finely diced
- 2 Green Chillies sliced
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp Ajinomoto
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder or deggi mirch
- Spring Onion cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Salt and Black pepper to taste
- Oil as required
Steps to make Gobhi Manchurian
- Rinse the florets well. Add the florets to the boiling water with salt over medium flame for 10-15mins.Drain the excess water and keep it aside.
- Mix maida, cornflour, rice flour, salt, ginger- garlic paste in a bowl. Add water little by little so that the mixture attains the semiliquid consistency. Add all the florets in the batter and mix well or dip them one by one. Deep fry the florets, a few at a time till well done and golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in the pan, add ginger garlic paste, onions, kashmiri red chilli powder and capsicums. Sautè for 3-4 mins.Add soya sauce, chilli sauce, ajinomoto and Tomato sauce. Season with Salt and pepper.
- Add fried florets to the sauce and toss them well.
- Garnish it with spring onions and green chillies. Serve hot.
My Tip: Add some vegetable stock to make gravy or serve it dry.