Deepika Padukone was born on January 5, 1986, in Copenhagen, Denmark. Deepika has always been inspired by her father Prakash Padukone, who is a former Indian badminton player. Deepika started her career with modeling and made headlines with her commercial for Liril Soap in 2004.
Deepika’s beauty and toned body are the results of her hard work, healthy diet plan and disciplined life. Deepika has always been very conscious about her fitness. Before she became a model, Deepika played badminton at the national level-just like her father.
Diet Chart of Deepika Padukone
Breakfast: 2 eggs + Low-fat milk or South Indian food like Upma, Idli or Dosa.
Lunch: 2 chapatis, grilled fish and lots of fresh vegetables.
Snacks: Nuts & Filter Coffee.
Dinner: Chapati, Vegetable and Fresh Salad.
- Deepika eats fresh fruit, drinks fresh fruit juice or coconut water every two hours.
- Deepika prefers not to have vegetarian dishes at night.
- Dark chocolate is Deepika’s weakness.
Deepika’s Workout Routine
- Deepika’s fitness routine is a mixture of cardio, weight training, yoga, and dance.
- Deepika wakes up at 6 o’clock every day and performs various yoga and stretching exercises. After completing her morning exercises, she goes for a walk for half an hour.
- Deepika does pilates to increase her stamina and for strength training.
- Push-ups, pull-ups, crunches, and squats are also included in her workout plan.
- She believes in lightweight training.
- Deepika says that to tone and strengthens your legs and to stay slim, dancing is a fun exercise to do.
Deepika’s Yoga Routine
Yoga and meditation are one of the best ways to lose weight and to keep yourself fit. According to Deepika, Yoga calms her mind, heart, and body. Her yoga routine includes the following poses:
- Surya Namaskar (10 cycles)
- Marjariasana (cat pose)
- Sarvangasana (shoulder stand)
- Virabhadrasana (The warrior pose)
- Deep breathing, pranayama, and meditation
Deepika’s Dance Exercise
Deepika’s Fitness Tips
- Deepika’s fitness mantra is to eat to stay alive and not to live for eating.
- For her, fitness does not mean having a size zero figure. It means to be healthy from within.
- If it is not possible for you to go to the gym, then give dance a place in your life.
- Getting a good sleep, eating a balanced diet and drinking lots of water is her recipe for successful weight loss.
Click the link given below to see a small sample of Deepika’s workout routine.
Image Source: Bollywood reporter, GQ India, youtube, Pinterest