Mutton is a versatile meat that can be moulded into different types of tasty dishes. This special meat is not only the favourite of many non-vegetarians but is healthy too. There are a number of scrumptious dishes that you can make with mutton like mutton kebab, mutton biryani and the list does not end here. So, when the popular chef Ranveer Brar shared a mutton kofta curry recipe we could not stop ourselves from sharing it. This mutton kofta curry recipe is so tasty that you simply cannot resist it and it goes best with crunchy naan or pulao. So, wait no longer and follow Ranveer Brar’s easy mutton kofta curry recipe.
1. Minced mutton – 600 g
2. Cashew nut paste – 2 tbsp
3. Fried brown onions – ¼ cup
4. Degi red chilli powder – 1 tsp
5. Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
6. Coriander powder – ½ tsp
7. Salt – according to taste
8. Ginger garlic chilli paste – 1 tbsp
9. Roasted gram flour – 2 tbsp
10. White bread slice – 1
1. Curd – 1 cup
2. Fried brown onions – ½ cup
3. Degi red chilli powder – 1 tsp
4. Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
5. Coriander powder – ½ tsp
6. Ginger garlic chilli paste – ½ tbsp
7. Green chilli – 2
8. Mint leaves
1. Oil – 2 tbsp
2. Mace – ½
3. Black pepper – 10
4. Black cardamom – 2
5. Cloves – 3
6. Ghee – 2 tbsp
7. Ginger – 1 inch
8. Green chilli – 1
9. Garlic cloves – 2
10. Onion – 1
11. Desiccated coconut – 2 tbsp
1. Take a bowl and add the following ingredients in it: minced mutton, fried brown onion, cashew nut paste, degi red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt, ginger garlic chilli paste, gram flour, and bread slice. Mix all the ingredients properly.
2. Next, grind this mixture to obtain a fine paste.
3. Then, make small balls with this paste.
4. Next, heat oil in a pan and deep fry the balls.
1. Take a bowl and add curd, fried brown onions, degi red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, ginger garlic chilli paste, green chilli and mint leaves.
2. Mix all these ingredients properly and then keep them aside.
1. Heat oil in a kadhai. Add mace, black pepper, black cardamom and cloves and let them crackle.
2. Next, add ginger, green chilli, garlic and onion, Saute these until they turn light brown in colour.
3. Then, add the coconut to it and keep cooking until they turn a nutty brown.
4. Later, add the curd mixture and continue cooking for some time.
5. Add the fried mutton kofta to it.
6. Blend the curry with a blender and also strain it properly.
7. Then, add the curry in kadhai and garnish with cashew, rose water, kewra water.
8. Cover the curry with a lid and let it cook properly.
View this post on Instagram
You can also follow our mutton keema kofta recipe.
Disclaimer: BetterButter claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on BetterButter, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Saumya Srivastava is a passionate reader who likes writing poetry. She is an avid foodie who keeps exploring new types of cuisine. Besides, she also has a strong love for literature.