Food in India has always been of cultural importance, whether you are travelling to south India, north India, east or west, you are sure to find a range of different cuisines. And one such is from south India. The cuisines of south India is known for it’s light and low calorie appetizing dishes. We are super thrilled to bring to you all the best crispy masala rice dosa recipe by chef Sanjeev Kapoor. Masala dosa made of a crispy crepe outside and contains a spicy and aromatic stuffing inside. This recipe is not only easy to cook but also lets you relish the flavours of this popular South Indian dish at the comfort of your home.
With a handful of ingredients, get ready to add flavours to your meals with Sanjeev Kapoor’s masala rice dosa recipe.
2. Onion- 1
3. Garlic cloves- 6
4. Cumin seeds- 1 tbsp
5. Curry leaves- 15
6. Green Chilli- 4
7. Fresh Coconut- 1 cup
8. Coriander seeds- 2tbsp
9. Red Chilli – 3
11. Rice flour- 1.5 cup
12. Salt – according to the taste
1. First, take a mixer and grind the following ingredients together: ginger, onion, garlic cloves, cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chilli, fresh coconut, coriander seeds and red chilli.
2. Also, add water so that this paste blends easily.
3. After this, add rice flour to this paste.
4. Mix the paste and rice flour together for some time.
5. Add some water to this so that you obtain a perfect batter for masala rice dosa. Check the consistency of the batter and add more water accordingly.
6. Next, add salt to the dosa batter.
7. Finally, take a frying pan and grease it with cooking oil.
8. Later, spread the batter evenly on the frying pan.
9. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Make sure that the dosa is evenly cooked from both sides.
10. Finally, when the dosa is ready, enjoy its flavours with delicious coconut chutney.
View this post on Instagram
You can also follow our dosa recipes for a delectable mealtime.
Disclaimer: BetterButter claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on BetterButter, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Saumya Srivastava is a passionate reader who likes writing poetry. She is an avid foodie who keeps exploring new types of cuisine. Besides, she also has a strong love for literature.